Freedom Housing makes it possible for persons with disabilities who need low care (early intervention) and up to 24/7 high care, to live in a house - or apartment - with their children, extended family, friends, housemates, or independently.
They are able to live in Freedom Housing properties through every phase of their lives: as a child; as a young independent adult; as a parent; in old age, and for the end of life stage (palliative).
Freedom Housing is also ideal for aged care. A mix of care needs may be accommodated under the same roof in a privately owned - or leased - apartment or house.
Each property is uniquely designed according to the owner families' preference for fabric, appearance, lifestyle, and inclusions.
The NDIS has rendered the Freedom Housing model feasible, and affordable for the Australian household. If you have an NDIS care package it may be possible for you to be an owner-occupier or tenant in a Freedom Housing home.
Freedom Housing promotes human rights; is more efficient; is socially cohesive; is more economical; is more economically productive, and respects the dignity of all.
* Fully complies with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and the Objects and Principles of the NDIS Act 2013: Australian Federal Parliament
* Is the winner of the Australian Human Rights Commission Award for Business (2013)
* Is endorsed by the Department of Health and Human Services (VIC)
Wish to purchase or rent a Freedom Housing property in an area of your choice?
Make sure you are on the Freedom Housing Registry waitlist:
Concept plan (not building plan) for Freedom Housing now being developed in Sale (East Gippsland VIC) by George Gray Centre.
* Is currently the most human rights compliant care and housing model: download report
* Has ushered in the era of non-institutional and non-custodial care.
* Displaces demand for:
- respite homes
- group accommodation homes
- nursing homes
- supported accommodation
- independent living units
- retirement villages
- rehabilitation facilities
- hospice care
- hospital care
*Is the revolutionary paradigm of private 24/7 high-care housing.